Saturday, August 4, 2007

Speaking of silence

Words are an amazing concept to our world. They enable man to express complex emotions in less than a breath. To ensnare the senses with vivid depictions of worlds we have not yet explored, and some we are not meant to conceive. I find words to be my escape. Calm and respective, they are my horse and chariot as I ride into battle, but hidden by my side is a sheath of silence. For knowing when to speak is strength, but knowing when to remain silent...that is wisdom. For it is during our moments of silence that we are spoken to. The lord uses these times to set us at peace with the chaos around. Sometimes he sends his feelings to us drifting amongst the autumn breeze. On occasion, it is through a friend, or a stranger with a far off view whose eyes still remain unglazed. For many, silence is awkward, uncomfortable at best. For myself, whether speaking or silent, I understand that the Lord is in control of the next breath that I take. Why not allow him to decide how it should best be spent.

No comments: